Advantages of Using a
Statewide Termite & Pest Control, Inc. is a family business, founded by Greg Jepsen in 1994. Well known for the excellent service.
Awarded by Centex Homes in 2005. Featured in the Extreme Makeover Home Edition in this area in 2008.
The Jepsen family has deep roots in Reno, Sparks, Lake Tahoe and Carson City and are very loved by this community for their friendly personalities and impeccable reputation.
Other well known names of the Jepsen family are Robert (Bob) Jepsen, retired Principal of Carson City Junior High; late Hans Raymond Jepsen, Douglas County Clerk and late Hans Christian Jepsen, treasurer and clerk of Douglas County and one of the first residents in Glenbrook in 1939.
If you would like quality personalized service from a local and traditional company, Statewide Termite & Pest Control, Inc. is right for you.
"Many of our clients have been with us since the beginning, we are like family members. It's hard to believe that it has been almost 20 years!" - Greg Jepsen
Greg has always been fascinated by bugs. At a very young age he was already giving his mother, the writer Joan Virden, a very hard time:
"Greg used to free insects inside the school bus to scare the girls and bring snakes to the house", says Joan.
"I've never forgotten the day when a lady called in panic saying that all companies that she had called before refused to take care of a snake underneath the house. Greg was so happy, he jumped right on it! He loves snakes. Greg is not scared of anything. He is always happy, funny, energetic and has a very sweet heart. He is also the most honest person you will ever meet. I think that this is why everybody loves him so much." - Livia Jepsen, wife.
Termite & Pest Control, Inc.
is SAFE for children and pets.
FUNNY STORIES ABOUT THE "BUG BOY"
Statewide Termite & Pest Control, Inc. is locally owned and operated. It is a small family business located in Sparks, Nevada. Maintaining the business small and local allows us to provide better quality service. People don't like having many different technicians servicing their homes each time and having several different people answering the phone.
In Statewide you will always have the same technician unless requested otherwise. On the phone you will always speak to Samantha or with Greg Jepsen, the owner, assuring personalized service.
Why To Use A Local Company?
- When we support a local company we are supporting our local economy. This makes a big difference in the our city and community on the long run.
- Big Corporations tend to have a 1-800 number and/or a number of an office out-of-state, which makes it really difficult, if not impossible, to reach your technician in an emergency.
- Be aware of national companies that have commercials on TV, radio, internet and everywhere you look. Many times we think that their name is everywhere because they are good, but the truth is that these commercials are PAID and EXTREMELY expensive. In fact, who pays for all that advertisement is the unaware client, because the services provided by these companies usually cost 4-10 times more than a local company (yes, for the SAME EXACT SERVICE!).
- National Companies tend to send different technicians to your house each service. This makes it impossible to trust and know who is coming to your house next. Once you make an appointment, you will know the technician by name and be able to reach him easily through the office or his business cell phone.
- Pest Control companies tend to pay their employees very little and lay them off in the winter months. This naturally causes them to stay very little time in the same company. For the client this means new and inexperienced technician every year servicing your home.
- Many new companies are being created everyday in Reno/Sparks area. However, be aware of inexperienced technicians. Once you choose Statewide Termite & Pest Control, Inc. you will notice the big difference. Greg Jepsen is the owner for almost 20 years and the inspector and technician. He has college degree in business administration and is the trainer of all his technicians. All technicians hired by Statewide have been trained directly by Greg and have more than 9 years of experience.
- Companies from outside of Nevada may not be aware of pests in this area and effective methods of treatment. They may also become VERY dangerous inspectors, passing wrong information that may cause you a law suit. One BIG example of this is that people learn in other states that Nevada doesn't have termites. We have heard this VERY mistaken information several times, specially during Real Estate Inspections. Not only by inexperienced technicians but also by real estate agents from other states. The fact is that anyone may call the Local Department of Agriculture to confirm the information that the incidence of termites in this area is EXTREMELY HIGH, and a mistake in this situation can and will cost you and your client a lot of money.
- We BOOK APPOINTMENTS. We check in and check out. Not having to deal with the "between 9:00 and 5:00" is a great reason to use Statewide! We don't believe you should be trapped at home waiting for someone all day, and even less not knowing if someone even showed up because they don't check in or check out (biggest complain that we hear from people that have used other companies).
- We offer service agreements to maintain your home always bugs-free. These agreements save you a lot of money but you may cancel it at anytime. You pay as you go, don't need to pay ahead. Most of the other companies will make you sign an actual contract and pay ahead for the entire year, without a chance for a refund or cancellation if you are not happy or passing through financial problems.